Welcome to the website of Dr. Flavio Frohlich, scientist, engineer, author, and entrepreneur.
Everything on this site is Flavio's personal opinion and does necessarily represent the opinion of his employer, UNC at Chapel Hill.
If you are interested in joining us by participating in one of our clinical trials, you can find all information on clinicaltrials.gov.
Conflict of Interest
Please contact me using the contact form in case you have any questions. Conflicts of interest are often subject to perception as much as to reason. My philosophy is to list everything you may want to know about me such that you can judge on your own (or discuss with me or anybody else).
- UNC has filed several patents related to brain stimulation technology. I am listed as the lead inventor. Licensing negotiations are under way.
- I am the founder, CSO, and majority owner of Pulvinar Neuro LLC.
- My research is currently supported by the NIH (NIMH, NINDS), Human Frontier Science Program, Foundation of Hope, NARSAD, and Tal Medical.
- I am the author of the textbook Network Neuroscience.
- I have received travel funding and a consulting fee from Tal Medical.
- We are UNC IRB approved to use our own brain stimulation device in our clinical trials. This has been determined to be a conflict of interest by the UNC COI office that is managed by administrative considerations. In particular, I am asked to disclose the facts described here.
- I teach in the Harvard tDCS course and receive a honorarium.
- I often give talks at scientific meetings that sometimes cover my travel expenses.
- I often give seminar talks at universities for which I sometimes receive a honorarium.
- I receive a commission when you buy my textbook through the Amazon link on this site.
- I use Amazon Affiliate links, which means that Amazon will pay me a symbolical amount if you buy the product after clicking on the link.
- My preferred brain stimulation technique is espresso (double shot!).